Starter kit for your home automation system!
- 1x Raspberry PI4 + original plastic case
- 1x 32gb high-endurance microSD already programmed with Raspbian + Domoticz + Firewall + Backup
- 1x RS485-to-USB adapter
- 1x Creasol DomBus31 (8 relay outputs)
- 1x Creasol DomBusTH (temperature+relative humidity sensor, white+red+green leds, 4 inputs, 2 outputs, 1 analog input)
- 1x Power supply unit, 13.8V 8A output, with 12V battery charger and UPS function
- 1x DC/DC converter, 12-24V input, 5V 3A (15W) output with USB type-C connector
It's possible to replace the Domoticz software with Home Assistant Core or other type of software of your choice, using Linux Raspbian OS.
Domoticz is a very easy and powerful controller for domotic systems, accessible by web browser and android/iOS app.
Raspberry is a single board mini computer, low power (less than 10 watt), with quad-core ARM processor, suitable for home automation.
DomBus1 is a device that can be placed into wall junction box to control lights, pumps, valves, and read inputs like door/window/blind magnetic sensors (for alarm), PIRs (for alarm and presence), door bell button, .... It's connected to Raspberry controller by a thin cable within 4 wires (for alarm, or better for RS485): 2 wires for data (RS485 at 115200bps, that permits to cover up to 1km), 2 wires for 12V power supply (better if battery backupped)
DomBusTH is a small board that can be placed on a blank cover and is designed to measure temperature and relative humidity. Also, it has 3 leds, white + red + green, that can be activated to notify a status or in case of power outage (like emergency lamp). Finally, it has 4 configurable I/Os (that can be connected to switches and pushbuttons, alarm sensors , buzzer, ...) and 2 open-collector outputs (suitable to drive external 12V relays).
The RS485 solution permits to:
- avoid RF pollution (caused by WiFi and other wireless systems)
- use a thin cable to interconnect all devices via bus
- supply all devices by a battery backupped 12V power supply, so the home automation system will works even in case of blackout
Also, this system is optimized for low power consumption:
- Raspberry consumes less than 10 watt
- DomBus1 consumes 0.050W in standby and 0.3W when all 2 relays are ON. Just to compare, Sonoff Dual R2 consumes 1.2W in standby and more than 2W with only 2 relays ON.
- DomBusTH consumes 0.03W
and is really plug&play: just connect a new DomBus device to the bus, and you can find in the Domoticz Switches Panel that device: change its hardware address from the switch panel to assign a unique address, and all inputs/outputs/sensors will be automatically available in Domoticz automatically.
What can you do with Domoticz?
- Control indoor and outdoor lights
- Make a reliable and full-feature alarm system, that shows status on the phone (Telegram app) and send pictures/videos in case of any event you want.
- Send a picture on smartphone when someone ring the bell
- Control the gate and pedestrian gate, to open them remotely
- Measure room temperature and relative humidity
- Control the heat pump or other heater/cooler: no need for thermostat in every room, but just a invisible thermal sensor in every room
- During the winter, activates electric heaters if solar photovoltaic produce more power than usage power
- If heat pump and solar photovoltaic are installed, optimize the power consumption by regulating the heat pump on the available power from solar PV
- If ventilation system is installed, regulates it controlling the humidity of the rooms, and activating the dehumidifier (and cooling coil, if available) during the summer when solar power is available
- Activate external devices like dehumidifiers, electric heaters, when there is extra power from photovoltaic, or when room humidity/temperature are not good.
- Check the level of rainwater tank and control a valve/pump for watering the garden
- Connect to a meteo station and grab data of rain, wind, temperature, humidity, pressure, in nice graphs
Optional available products
- Raspberry PI4 official case, red/white, made in UK
- 5V 3A adapter, to supply Raspberry
- USB type-C cable to connect 5V adapter to Raspberry (needed to connect the 5V 3A adapter to Raspberry
- One of the available 2A switching step-down regulators to reduce the 13.8V (battery voltage) to 5V, to supply Raspberry: suitable when a 12V battery with a battery charger/supplier is used to supply the home automation system
- more DomBus devices to manage more inputs, outputs and sensors
- DomESP1 + ESP8266 module, when you need to control devices/sensors through a WiFi connection (standby power: 0.5W)
- Cable for RS485, 2x0.50+2x0.22, 100m
- Cable for alarm, 4x0.22, 100m
Link to Creasol DomBus1
Link to some scripts for Domoticz
Youtube video that shows Domoticz for a home
Need help? join the DomBus channel on Telegram!